1 lb hot sausage
½ lb chopped lean smoked bacon
3 c water
2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
2 large potatoes, cubed
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 c kale or swiss chard, chopped
1 c whipping cream (I don't usually put this in, but it's yummy when I do!)
salt and pepper to taste
- Break and cook sausage with onions, drain, and set aside.
- Cook chopped bacon, drain, and set aside.
- Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and water in a pot; simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and cream to pot, season with salt and pepper as needed. Heat through.